About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
This is my blog for my first year journal on the Interacitve Arts course at the Manchester School of Art. I dont really know what to put on it so it will probably be a bit of everything, my work, work and things that inspire me and any ideas i might have.

Friday 1 October 2010

To The BLOCK!!!!

For our summer project we were told to make a game for six players, I had just been to Hampton Court Palace one of Henry VIII palaces. As the project said to use your interests I immediately thought about Henry's six wives as I am a bit of a history buff! I came up with a board game where each player is one of Henry VIII wives;   
  


     
  •   Katherine of Aragon
  • Anne Boleyn
  • Jane Seymour
  • Anne of Cleves
  • Katherine Howard
  • Katherine Parr
The aim of the game was to be the last surviving wife who collected the most Crown Jewels and avoided the spinning axe in the centre! There are "Guess Who" questions with facts about the wives on them and the player has to guess which wife it is (my group found them much harder than I thought they were!) and chance type cards.The board wasn't perfect but I'm pleased with the actual idea and general look of the game. I called the game TO THE BLOCK!!

What wife wouldn't want to out-smart King Henry!!!







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete