About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
This is my blog for my first year journal on the Interacitve Arts course at the Manchester School of Art. I dont really know what to put on it so it will probably be a bit of everything, my work, work and things that inspire me and any ideas i might have.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Charles Dickens Book






This is a book I made using the photographs I took over the christmas holidays. The idea behind it is that all photo albums tell stories using phtographs and all books tell stories using words so why not combine them. I found a copy of Charles Dickens christmas stories on a book stall and I had the idea to add another storey to the collection that was made up of photographs, the storey of my christmas day. I used the techniques of sewing the photographs in between asetate and then sewed them around the spine of the book so that neither is damages and you can still read the book. I think this idea has worked really well and I intend on making more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment